- Advance knowledge of the Russian payments landscape through continuous market research;
- Raise awareness of the key industry stakeholders on major issues impacting payment systems and financial services market;
- Improve competitiveness of the Russian financial services market by supporting industry innovation;
- Train effective professionals for the industry by creating and delivering world-class educational programs.
- Establish the Center of Competence in the Russian payment industry through extensive research, education and sharing of expertise.
Key Goals & Objectives
- Research and support development of Russian finance, payments and e-commerce sectors;
- Increase financial literacy and inclusion;
- Foster innovation through providing support to the industry;
- Develop educational programs in accordance with the best international practices and SKOLKOVO traditions;
- Promote industry dialogue and ensure impact to enhance Russian payments landscape.
Head of the Chair "Finance, Payments and e-Commerce", Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO
- Mr. Plaksenkov holds the position of independent director in the Board at "Gals-Development" company and “MIEL Holding Company”.
- Evgeny Plaksenkov was born in Ulyanovsk, in 1966. In 1990, he graduated with honors from the Saint-Petersburg University of Economics and Finance specializing in economical cybernetics. He completed programmes and internships at the leading European business schools, such as: ESC-Lyon - Ecole Superior de Commerce (France), SDA Bocconi University (Italy), and Henley Management College (UK). He also completed postgraduate studies at the Saint-Petersburg University of Economics and Finance and an Executive MBA programme at the State University Higher School of Economics.
- In the early 90s he became one of the first privatization consultants in Russia. He worked out and implemented over 20 incorporation plans for Russian enterprises. He was actively involved in the development of strategy, finance and human resources for Russian and Western companies, introducing innovative management methods.
- From 1993 to 2002, he was Director of Corporate Programmes, professor and consultant at IMISP (International Management Institute of Sain-Petersburg).
- From 2002 to 2004, Plaksenkov worked as HR Director at “OTIS Russia”. In 2004, he was appointed Financial Director of MIEL and in 2007- CEO of the “MIEL Holding Company”. Since 2009 he is a Board Member and Head of Board’s Strategic Planning Committee of the Holding. He is also the CEO of venture company RESII.
- He is currently involved in the corporate management, venture business, research and coaching.
- Evgeny has been giving master-classes on Corporate Finance and Business Planning at SKOLKOVO Executive Education programmes since 2009. In 2012 he was officially appointed SKOLKOVO Visiting Lecturer-Practitioner of Corporate Finance.
- He went to the first line of AMR (Association of Managers of Russia) and "Kommersant" journal "Top-1000 Russian managers" ranking in "Professional services - financial director" nomination.
Project Director, Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO
- Andrew Korolev is seasoned senior executive with over 20 years of professional background in payment system business development in the Russian and CIS financial services markets with emphasis on strategic marketing and product development.
- Andrew was CEO of MasterCard Russia from 1997 to 2008. He established MasterCard positioning in Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia & Armenia, including creation and management of 2 local offices and development of comprehensive local customer network.
- Andrew has extensive experience of the settlement system and the interaction of banks and is an expert in the field of payment systems.
- Andrew Korolev is an independent director of the Board of Directors of Non-Commercial Partnership “National Payments Council”.
- Andrew Korolev has two higher education, and Executive MBA of Moscow International Higher Business School MIRBIS.
"Finance, Payments and e-Commerce" Chair
+7 495 539 30 03